Trimble NCU Control Unit
The Trimble NCU control unit is a rail industry approved on-board condition monitoring device that can connect to a large number of on-board train signals and systems.
Extremely configurable and designed specifically to work with the Trimble R2M remote diagnostic system the control unit complies with the railway standard EN50155 for electronic equipment on rolling stock.
REQUEST A DEMO
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information or a demonstration.
System Interfaces & Communications Capabilities
- IntegrDigital/Analog I/O Modules
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (via M12 connector)
- Modbus TCP/IP
- Isolated RS485
- 3G modem for data communications
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
Optional Modular Expansion
- MVB (Type EMD)
- 5 port Ethernet switch (M12 connector)
The Trimble NCU control unit provides:
- A modular and expandable design, with a configurable number of digital and analog input signal modules
- Support for an on-train system architecture with multiple Trimble NCUs, connected through Ethernet or Wi‑Fi, with data communications through a master Trimble NCU control unit
- Timestamp and GPS position stamping of all monitored data
- On-train data buffering when communications link is not available
- Remote monitoring and management of software and system configuration
- Seamless integration with the shore-based telemetry service
- Handles the transmission of large volumes of data
- Support for user requested downloads from TCMS, OTMR, and component controllers