Trimble E2M | Passenger
Passenger Rolling Stock Asset Maintenance Management
Trimble® E2M passenger rolling stock asset maintenance management system, manages and tracks passenger rail assets and components, streamlines parts and materials usage, optimizes resources, and procurement.
Maintain, manage, and optimize the cost effectiveness of passenger rail assets
Designed by rail experts for passenger train operators
Specifically designed for the rail sector Trimble E2M effectively manages and tracks assets and components, and streamlines parts and materials management. It allows passenger rail organizations to maintain and manage the cost effectiveness of assets by improving asset reliability, resource and capacity planning, and work utilization while reducing operating costs. Whether managing rolling stock assets or specific critical components (i.e. wheelsets or brakes) Trimble E2M enables the effective planning of maintenance across engineering depots, resources, and materials requirements.
The E2M system allows passenger rail organizations to plan maintenance across depots and to allocate resources. Trimble E2M gives a single view to aid the management of components, stock, and suppliers, and efficiently handles warranty management. It can also interface to existing financial and rolling stock resource allocation systems for end‑to‑end workflows.
Maintenance technicians can work more efficiently using the Trimble E2M mobile apps. The E2M Workshop and E2M Defect Reporting apps replace error-prone pen and paper workflows with the ability to work on mobile phones or tablet devices saving time, increasing productivity, improving data accuracy, and ultimately saving money.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information or a demonstration.
Traceable status of asset maintenance
Clear overview of asset maintenance work status. Interfaces with existing systems for streamlined end-to-end workflows.
Reduce and streamline labor costs
Reduce repeat defects by identifying the true cause of defects minimizing costly rework. Monitor defect history over time against each asset to prevent repeat defects making assets unavailable for service.
Optimize maintenance planning
Plan maintenance to identify opportunities and not exceed engineering depot resource capacities. Ensure assets maintained on time in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
Increase asset and stock availability
Safeguard asset and stock availability by monitoring usage over time with Trimble E2M. Automatically define re-order levels against each part to make certain stock levels meet demand. Control centralized procurement by defining central stores to manage stock for satellite stores.
More successful warranty claims
Every warranty claim raised in E2M shows the fitment and receipt date, serial number, and complete history ensuring fewer contested warranty claims.
Effective control of safety critical work minimizes safety issues by driving reliability and mitigating failures.
Flexible mobile workflows
Trimble E2M Workshop app puts E2M functionality in the hands of depot workforce wherever they need to be. The Trimble E2M Defect Reporting app means staff can send reports direct to the Trimble E2M system from a phone or tablet.
- Efficient workshop management and defect reporting
- Plan and manage maintenance across engineering depots, resources, and material requirements
- Report and track defects over time, analyze repeat defects, categorize faults by system, fault codes, and report source
- Set up campaigns and special checks
- Plan and define maintenance exams
- Estimate and schedule labor hours and manage competencies
- Record work completed using Start and Stop functionality on tasks
- Rules engine triggers automated generation of work reports or tasks or sends emails to specified users
- Consolidate manual and measurement device (handheld or wayside) measurements
- Customize reports
- Define asset and component hierarchy to manage assets and components
- Swap and track components across assets
- Manage and procure stock with full stock check and component history support
- Manage suppliers and warranties
- Manage tools
- Interface to finance and rolling stock resource allocation systems
- Trimble E2M Workshop app puts E2M functionality in the hands of depot workforce wherever they need to be
- Trimble E2M Defect Reporting app means staff can send reports direct to the Trimble E2M system from a phone or tablet