Nexala Control Unit
The Nexala Control Unit (NCU) is an approved and certified on-board condition monitoring device for the rail industry that can connect to a large number of on-board train signals and systems.
The NCU is configurable and has been designed specifically for the high reliability diagnostic application Nexala R2M.
The device has been designed to comply with the railway standard EN50155 for electronic equipment on rolling stock.
The Nexala control unit provides:
- A modular and expandable design, with a configurable number of digital and analogue input signal modules
- Support for an on-train system architecture with multiple NCUs, connected through Ethernet or Wi-Fi, with data communications through a master NCU
- Timestamp and GPS position stamping of all monitored data
- On-train data buffering when communications link is not available
- Remote monitoring and management of software and system configuration
- Seamless integration with the shore-based telemetry service
- Handles the transmission of large volumes of data
- Support for user requested downloads from TCMS, OTMR, and component controllers